Thursday 16 February 2012

Review: Sleek Eyeshadow Palette + EOTD

in oh so special 658

I have been looking at Sleek's eyeshadow palettes for a while now and I eventually caved in a couple weekends ago and bought 'Oh So Special'. I was tied between this and Au Natural but with the pinky-ier shades in Oh So Special I thought I would wear it more and went for that one. 

Top row, Left to Right: Bow, Organza, Ribbon, Gift Basket, Glitz, Celebrate
Bottom row, Left to Right: Pamper, Gateau, The Mail, Boxed, Wrapped up, Noir

I absolutely love all these colours and I can see myself using all of them. There are seven mattes and five shimmery/sparkly ones. I really like this as I change my 'finish' everyday as I love both the dewy, shimmery finish and the matte, powder finish. Three of the colours are also really great highlight colours as well so this palette is great for everything, from natural to smoky eye. My swatches were really bad as when I took the photos I was very rushed so I got an image from google.


As you can see the eyeshadows are well pigmented and a really lovely soft powder. The packaging is really lovely and sleek (teehee). It cost £6.45, very cheap! They are so lovely and I'm definitely going back to superdrug for some more palettes, next up, storm. 
Now for the eye of the day... obviously using this palette...



So as a base/primer I used, mac paint pot in painterly (review) Then I used, Bow, all over my lid and, Glitz, around the edge, I brushed on a heavy outline and then blended it out. Finally I used, Noir, in the crease and blended that out. On my lashes I used Eyeko's old collection mascara but it was applied much earlier in the day and isn't looking it's best.

Ditzy Doll
xxxxxx

1 comment: