Saturday 28 January 2012

Review: Benefit Watt's Up

I first found out about this when I went to my friend's house and one of my friends was doing her make up there and I asked her what it was and she said 'try it out, you'll like it! Just put it on your cheek bones and blend with the smugger' and passed it to me. I put it on and at first didn't really see much difference but as soon as my cheeks hit the light they had such a nice shimmery champagne glow to them. So I went home and put it on my christmas list and my granny actually gave it to me for my birthday.

So it basically is a 'soft focus highlighter' and is in the most gorgeous shimmery champagne colour. It also comes with a small round sponge on the bottom, which, for a built in makeup tool, is surprisingly good, it's so soft and bouncy. I love the packaging for this product, its so nice and not too 'glarey' as some benefit products can be. It's in fact very tasteful. It is very pigmented and sososososo shimmery which I LOVE. It's also very easy to apply and quick, just glide and blend. I apply mine along my cheek bones, along and above my temples and lightly on my brow bones. It does exactly what it is meant to do and I  give it very high creds. It does however give a quite dark/mid tone highlight, due to it being a champagne colour, whereas high beam gives a much brighter and lighter highlight so for the moment in the winter I'm using highbeam but in summer this will go really nicely with bronzer so I'll wear it once it gets hotter.  I've tried my hardest to photograph it's effect but it was quite hard to get the lighting right so this is the best I could do...



It retails at £24.50 and at the moment I don't know if I'd buy it again, I think I'll have to wait till the summer when I where it everyday to know. So watch out for my summer months monthly favorites and if it's in there then that will probably mean I'd buy it again if not then I probably wouldn't. 

What Highlighters do you use?

Ditzy Doll
xxxxxxx

4 comments:

  1. That's gorgeous! I've been lusting after that for a while...I don't know whether to dump the boatload of money on that or the They're Real mascara :( What would you pick?
    And for highlighters I use High Beam! I love it. I got a sample in the Sephora sample box I receieved for Christmas and I use it all the time. The sample size is adorable. I also use Josie Maran Argan Illuminizer, which I love almost as much as High Beam.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would get they're real if I was you because it sounds like you have quite a few highlighters that sound really good and watt's up is more suitable for summer so I would get it then if you still wanted it by then! I have a mini posie tint they're so cute aren't they! Just looked up the Josie Maran Argan one and it looks really good sadly its not available in the UK :( xxxxx

      Delete
  2. This looks lovely!

    2sisters1obsession.blogspot.com
    Ashlie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's really nice, I can't wait till summer when I can wear it more! Thanks for the follow x

      Delete